Scholarships, Grants & Rebates
NYS Educational Incentive Program (EIP)
The Educational Incentive Program (EIP) is a scholarship program funded by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (NYS OCFS). Its purpose is to assist child care providers in paying for professional development training and education required to provide quality care to children.
If you are income eligible, you may be eligible for a scholarship toward the cost of your education and training activities, including:
- Credit bearing college courses
- Non-credit bearing courses, workshops and conferences
- Credit or non-credit bearing courses leading to a credential or certificate
- Credential or certificate fees
To find out if you are eligible, or to apply, call 1-518-442-6575 or visit the Educational Incentive Program website.
The MAT Rebate Program
The Medication Administration Training Rebate Program is for child care facilities to offset the cost of training to certify staff to administer medication in a child care setting. The MAT Rebate Program is sponsored by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, with funds provided by the Child Care and Development Fund.
If you plan to take the MAT Course, you can receive up to $100 to help pay for the classroom course or $70 for the Independent Study course through the MAT Rebate Program.
You may be eligible for a MAT Rebate if ALL the following statements are true:
- You are employed at a New York State OCFS or New York City DOHMH registered/licensed child care program.
- You have paid for and successfully completed the MAT course provided by an approved MAT trainer.
- You are submitting the required application and supporting documentation to the MAT Rebate Program within 60 days from your completion date of the course.
- A MAT payment has not been made on your behalf in the past 33 months.
You have 60 days from your training date to apply for the rebate. Rebate applications received after 60 days will not be accepted.
For more information:
Call toll-free: 1-800-665-9616
Health and Safety Course Rebate
The Health and Safety Rebate offsets the cost of obtaining the 15-hour Health and Safety training, which is required for first time licensed or registered family or group family day care providers.
To download the application, and find out more information, visit: http://www.ecetp.pdp.albany.edu/hs_rebate.shtm
There are some small equipment grants available for legally exempt providers, family and group family child care providers to meet health and safety standards . Call our office for availability.
The Repurpose & More Store accepts donations of over-runs, scrap, and factory errors from local manufacturers. These donations, which would otherwise end up in landfills, are then reintroduced to the community as craft making materials for creative minds. Children especially love coming to shop for art supplies at the store!
There are stores in each of the Child Care Council offices.
For more information:
- Lakeville, Livingston County – (585) 346-6050
- Rochester, Monroe County – (585) 654-4720
- Newark, Wayne County – (315) 331-5443
Final copy of the 2012 Wage and Benefits Report for Child Care Centers: 2012 Wage Report