For Parents > Find Child Care
Course Calendar
Related News
Related Events
  • Environmental Rating ScalesMay 7, 2014
    Instructor: Kristin Perrone Come to a general overview of ERS rating scales. There will be instruction on using the tool for self-assessment. Each workshop will focus on one or more of the following tools: Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale-Revised (ECERS-R), Infant-Toddler Environment Rating Scale-Revised (ITERS-R), Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale-Revised (FCCERS-R).
  • FCCERS TrainingMay 7, 2014
    Instructor: Kristin Perrone Come to a general overview of Environment Rating Scales. There will be instruction on using the tools for program self-assessment. We will review the Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale-Revised (FCCERS-R). Categories 1,3 and 5.

To request a free child care referral, you can:

  1. Send us an email: referral (at) childcarecouncil (dot) com.
  2. Perform an online search.
  3. Use our Referral Form.
  4. Call us at (585) 654-4720

Referral information is confidential and protected through careful management policies. Click on this link to view our Confidentiality Policy .

There are many types of child care programs in New York State. Quality programs provide care in a warm, safe and friendly setting. Quality programs provide activities that help children learn and develop. No one type of program is necessarily better that any other type of program. You are the best judge of which program will meet your needs and your child’s needs.

The information we provide is intended for referral purposes only. We do not warrant the information concerning any child care provider, nor do we license, endorse, or recommend any particular child care provider. We remind you that only you can determine whether the quality of care is appropriate for your child.

The Special Needs Referral Program provides assistance in locating child care or other community resources for families with children with a developmental disability or developmental delay. An enhanced referral service provides information about types of child care, licensing regulations and legal child care options and referrals to programs with confirmed openings. Child care programs may also be eligible to receive an equipment loan for children with special needs while in their care.

To inquire about violations regarding a child care program, visit the Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS) website or call 585-238-8531.

If you need to report a complaint about a program or possible illegal provider, please view our Provider Complaint Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns about the Referral service, please contact us at (585) 654-1190 or view our CCRR Complaint Policy

If you are a provider, call us anytime to update your records in our database.

Stop by our office during business hours. Children are welcome. We also do our best to accommodate nursing moms and babies!

Sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Twitter and Facebook

Follow us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!