|NYS 1||Principles of childhood development;||Click Here|
|NYS 2||Nutrition and health needs of children||Click Here|
|NYS 3||Child day care program development||Click Here|
|NYS 4||Safety and security procedures||Click Here|
|NYS 5||Business record maintenance and management||Click Here|
|NYS 6||Child Abuse and maltreatment identification and prevention||Click Here|
|NYS 7||Statutes and regulations pertaining to child day care||Click Here|
|NYS 8||Statutes and regulations pertaining to child abuse and maltreatment||Click Here|
|NYS 9||Identification, diagnosis, and prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome and SIDS||Click Here|
Child care providers and staff working in a licensed or registered day care program are required to receive 30 hours of training every two years.
The training must cover the following topics:
- Principles of childhood development
- Nutrition & health needs of infants & children
- Child day care program development
- Business record maintenance & management
- Safety & security procedures
- Child abuse & maltreatment identification and prevention
- Statutes & regulations pertaining to child day care
- Statutes & regulations pertaining to child abuse & maltreatment
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome
There is also an additional requirement for all Family and Group Family child care programs, Health and Safety Training. This is a 15-hour class that must be passed in order to receive a license or registration.
We are able to take your registration over the phone at 585-654-4720 in addition to the option of registering online. You may also fax, email or mail in registration. Here are the forms you will need;
NEW ONLINE COURSES!
We are delighted to now offer self-paced, online training courses, in addition to our in-person professional development classes. These online classes are available to individuals residing within zip codes in Monroe, Livingston, Wayne, Genesee and Orleans counties.