Training Offered at Your Child Care Site
In-Service Courses for Child Care Centers
In-Service courses are customized courses that are developed between the Center Director, Program or Educational Coordinator and the Education Department of the Child Care Council, Inc.
The in-service courses can be presented in the evenings, after the center closes, or during the day with proper coverage. Centers can schedule one In-service Course, a few courses at a time, or plan courses for the entire year to meet all the training categories required by NYS Licensing Regulations.
Topics can include (but are not limited to):
- Child Development
- Health and Safety
- Parent Communication
- Positive Guidance
- The Possibilities are ENDLESS!
In-Service Courses are planned at the convenience of the center and are conducted on site.
Contact the Education Department at 585-654-4720 for more information.
Individual Training Program (ITP) for Child Care Center Staff
This flexible and convenient program allows child care providers working in a child care center to receive individualized training in their classroom settings.
A professional and friendly education consultant will consistently provide you with resources, ideas and feedback about your program and classroom environment to meet your training requirements.
The ITP Program is designed to:
- Meet the needs of center staff to complete their NYS training requirements.
- Be individualized and focus on where the staff person needs or wants training. The ITERS or ECERS observation tool with be used by the staff person and trainer to determine what the ITP training will focus on.
- Provide for a minimum of 10 hours or a maximum of 30 training hours.
- Provide training on site, during the staff person’s working hours.
- Provide a hands on approach that is done while the person is working directly with the children.
For more information or to schedule classes, please contact us by calling 585-654-4720.
The Qualahomes Program
Qual-a-Homes is an on-site training program for Family Child Care and Group Family Child Care Providers who are committed to actively improving the quality of their child care services. Our Education Specialist will come to you, presenting training, utilizing your environment and engaging the children in your care. Our Education Specialist will meet with you individually to plan the amount of hours and topics needed.
- In-home training conducted by professionals, time of day and amount of hours chosen by you
- Learn how to assess your environment and program using the “Family Child Care Environmental Rating Scale”
- Each training session in your home is individualized to meet your identified needs and goals
- Engage in hands-on activities with the children in your care that practice theories of high quality Early Childhood Education.
Each program has a fee. Funding for ITP’s and In-Service Courses may be available through the EIP scholarship Program. The Child Care Council, Inc. will provide technical assistance with the EIP application.
Serving Monroe County
- East Rochester
- Honeoye Falls
Serving Wayne County
- Red Creek
Serving Livingston County
- Mount Morris
- North Dansville
- West Sparta